Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,874   Online: 946

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kentmere Papers

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Kentmere Papers

Given the amount of doom, gloom, and teeth gnashing that has prevailed recently over the decline in the photoproduct manufacturing base, I thought I should remind folk that Kentmere is still churning out quality papers here in England, and distributing worldwide.
    Checkout their site at: [COLOR=Red]Kentmere uk[/COLOR]
    Here I should warn you that whilst they make very good photographic products they are still in the Stone Age where web sites are concerned!

Those of you in the New World may like to go to:
    [COLOR=Blue]Lumios[/COLOR]
    who brand, and market Kentmere as their own in those former colonies; and have a rather better web site.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good point Dave, I've used their papers in 5"x7" and found them to be very good. Might be just be but I've found I need to be more careful about getting my fingers on the sensitive side though than I do with Ilford.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    we have tested a few of the Lumios papers and they are very nice.

Rumor has it that their neutral paper is one of the last pure bromide papers.

Altho, i tend to use Oriental Seagull grade paper i usually keep a pack of lumios handy.

Then of course there is the Charcoal X which can be great fun. I had wanted to try the trapersy version but that went out of production before i could do so.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dave, many thanks for that link as I've just discovered one of their agents is only 20 minutes drive from here & I go past it most days. Looks like I could be trying a lot more of their papers

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Are their FB papers only VC or do they offer graded Fiber glossy appers?

Thanks.

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikewhi
    Are their FB papers only VC or do they offer graded Fiber glossy appers?

Thanks.

-Mike
    Hi Mike, the Luminous fibre papers used to come in the usual grades, but now comes in one grade, which they call grade 2 1/2, I think. It's a beautiful paper.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I would be interested in trying their Bromide fiber paper, but I can't find it anywhere. Freestyle has a lot of Luminos papers, but I don't see this one. Does anyone know where it is sold?

Thanks.

-Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looking glass in Berkeley CA. carries it, and they are going to do a mail order for pauggers. Contact tomtom one of our members and she will help you with the paper.
    Non Digital Diva

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i checked in freestyle's catalog and didn't find it listed; B&H has it and it is called Flexicon FB VC. You could call freestyle and ask as they say they have quite a few papers in stock that are not listed.

There is also some fellow named Mike in Canada who might be able to help as rumor has it he has the Kentmere Bromide paper in stock. the number is 905.760/8751; however, i have had this number for about a year so i don't know if it is still working.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ann
    There is also some fellow named Mike in Canada who might be able to help as rumor has it he has the Kentmere Bromide paper in stock. the number is 905.760/8751; however, i have had this number for about a year so i don't know if it is still working.
    As far as I know that contact number has been disconnected Ann. It was for
    Mike Rosen
    Darkroom Innovations
    116/D Viceroy Road,
    Vaughan, Ontario

I am trying to contact him myself as I am in need of paper, but the toll free number and the one you have are no longer working.
    Brian McDowell

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin