Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,830   Posts: 1,582,289   Online: 1018

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    My suggestions:

You used the term "soup" in very last part of the page and only once. If someone wasn't already familiar with the term, he/she will be left wondering what it means. My suggestion would be to either define it earlier or leave it out.

I like XTOL but also recognize, "quality" doesn't always mean finest grain and whatever the characteristics a particular developer provides. It may be more appropriate to remove the word "quality" and list the characteristics.

Kodak recommends NOT using development time shorter than 5 minutes. You mentioned the danger of shorter dev time without defining what "short" actually means. It may be beneficial to site 5 minutes (the figure that appears on every Kodak tech notes) in your document.
    It's funny you pointed out the "soup" reference, and I actually though that when I wrote it. You're totally right about that and I'll change it to "develop."

Good point about "quality." What one person considers an admirable trait might not apply to someone else.

Also a good point about development times. I did start to get into controlling development times without really explaining why you would do that.

I sincerely appreciate the feedback, thank you! I'll make some modifications to the article reflecting your suggestions.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I've updated the "...Developer" article according to the great feedback here. Thanks again, everyone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good, i am looking to have my own reference based on my experience with film according to all what i have read and did, and your article is inspiring and reminding me to this idea, good you people have time to experiment and write articles or books, here we don't have time to shoot even, hehehehe.

What is Syrup? hahahaha (I am arabic guy, so many arabs will not understand what is syrup in dev is meaning].

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Tareq, hello! I see you've followed me to another forum (first PotN, then GetDPI, now APUG). LOL.

Syrup - "a thick, viscous fluid"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Negative View Post
    Tareq, hello! I see you've followed me to another forum (first PotN, then GetDPI, now APUG). LOL.

Syrup - "a thick, viscous fluid"
    I don't follow anybody but it is that i am very famous that you can find many on any forum, be sure don't register on another forums i am a member there

Syrup is a liquid medicine, but i can understand what is meaning in developing

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In American English (I don't know about British English), a word syrup refers to any thick fluid. The stuff we pour on ice cream, stuff we mix to make drinks, and of course medicine, are all called syrup.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    In American English (I don't know about British English), a word syrup refers to any thick fluid. The stuff we pour on ice cream, stuff we mix to make drinks, and of course medicine, are all called syrup.
    Yes, i know what it is from the translation to arabic, in all cases i know what is the meaning of any word when used in phrases/sentences, if the word used alone then GOD knows what it is meaning.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Maple syrup, Rodinal syrup - both yummy, but don't mix 'em up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Negative View Post
    Maple syrup, Rodinal syrup - both yummy, but don't mix 'em up.
    In the past when i saw that Rodinal bottle i thought it is a medicine, GOD saved me that i wasn't sick that time to order Rodinal to drink it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    You might have developed a medical condition.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin