Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,922   Online: 1099

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used HC-110 syrup that was dark and it seems to resist oxidation. I don't think it matters if you combine the bottles or not. I don't know if other APUGers have the same experience. I wonder if it's the glycerin in the developer that makes it so robust?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    HC-110 isn't particularly susceptible to oxidation or other degradation from exposure to air. It is susceptible, however to degradation from exposure to water.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    I don't think that's a good perception. I certainly think of my "photo lab" as a lab.

No, it isn't a licensed business, and it isn't a commercial lab of any sort. And it probably pales compared to what some here have.

MB
    You missed the point I was making. I was expecting someone to say that his darkroom wasn't a lab and therefore a lab rule made no sense for him. There are some on APUG who revel in not being professional in their manner. It is a badge of honor to them.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 08-04-2011 at 03:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    I was expecting someone to say that his darkroom wasn't a lab and therefore a lab rule made no sense for him.
    Well, I'm not proud, but my darkroom/lab is no more than a spare bathroom sink at this time. That's why I need to tidy up and reclaim some space.

I think I'll leave well enough alone and simply start shooting more black and white to use it up faster ! Lord knows I've got a fridge/freezer full of the stuff.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    I normally label all my chemicals with the approximate date of acquisition and expiration, but my HC110 is labeled only "immortal".

I think mixing them will be fine.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill:

Try an experiment. If you usually use 6 ml of concentrate per roll (12 ml for two) try mixing 6 ml from each bottle and develop two rolls.

If they both come out well, go for it!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    If they both come out well, go for it!
    And if not... You just wasted two rolls of film.

- Leigh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh B View Post
    And if not... You just wasted two rolls of film.

- Leigh
    At most, one more than if you mix the two bottles together, and the resulting mixture doesn't develop your film correctly.
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look, since posters have so many reservations about year-and-a-half old HC-110, why don't you just send the bottles to me?

Just don't worry about it, and use them. Together. Separately. Whatever. They will work fine.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    At most, one more than if you mix the two bottles together, and the resulting mixture doesn't develop your film correctly.
    That's why I said not to mix them in the first place.

- Leigh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin