Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,526   Posts: 1,543,909   Online: 1059

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    You missed the point I was making. I was expecting someone to say that his darkroom wasn't a lab and therefore a lab rule made no sense for him. There are some on APUG who revel in not being professional in their manner. It is a badge of honor to them.
    Point taken. Thanks for clarifying.

Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Well, I'm not proud, but my darkroom/lab is no more than a spare bathroom sink at this time.
    My first darkroom was my parent's bathroom. I think that's pretty common here.

Many people produce superb quality work with nothing more than a bathroom. Does a bigger room, especially now that I'm old, fat, and gray with an empty nest and enough disposable income to afford a dedicated room make me better. No. It makes me more comfortable. And makes some tasks easier.

But as I pointed out earlier, from my perspective at least, what makes one successful is having the discipline to be able to produce/reproduce results at will. And you can absolutely do that in a part time conversion bathroom or laundry room in a cramped studio apartment. You work with what you've got where you are. No shame involved.

If it's all just haphazard we may as well shoot Holga's and pray the black tape doesn't fall off at the wrong time. (Or is that pray that it does fall off at the right time? I can't keep that part straight.)

MB
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh B View Post
    And if not... You just wasted two rolls of film.

- Leigh
    And how would that be any different from all my other photography ???
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Um, yes.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Christopher,

I like your youtube posts (mostly).

Alan
    Last edited by alanrockwood; 08-06-2011 at 01:35 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin