Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,322   Posts: 1,536,904   Online: 1097

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    According to the MSDSs...

Part A contains:
    Sodium Sulfite
    Hydroquinone
    Sodium Phosphate, Tribasic
    Citric Acid
    Potassium Bromide
    1-Phenyl-3-Pyrazolidone (I think that's Phenidone)

Part B contains:
    Sodium Sulfite
    Sodium Carbonate
    Sodium Bicarbonate
    Sodium Phosphate, Tribasic

and that's all, folks.

- Leigh
    Last edited by Leigh B; 08-04-2011 at 04:07 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've used tons of Diafine. I have had this issue before. I agitate as little as possible with Diafine because I think it keeps the grain down. When I went to super-minimal agitation or stand developing, I got the streaks. First of all, I only worry about agitation for the second bath. For the first bath I agitate 10s then let stand 3 minutes. For the second bath I like to pour it into my stainless 1-reel tank, and then now I agitate VERY GENTLY, more or less just rotating the tank slowly and randomly, for the first 5 seconds of development, then for 5 seconds every 30 seconds. I think that this took care of my streak problem, but I haven't shot as much diafine as I used to.

In this pictures you can see the streaking in the sky

f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    I've used tons of Diafine. I have had this issue before.
    Firstly and off-topic, I love the quality of your photographs.

Back on topic, your streaks appear to line up with sprocket holes and run perpendicular to the film edge but the OPs do not. So yours looked like uneven development. But as I have described in my earlier post, I think the cause in the OPs case may be different.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had some streaking problems with Diafine.

I just did a dozen sheets of 4x5 Acros in a Nikor tank, and they look good wet. I used only rotation for agitation this time.

We'll see how they scan.

- Leigh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh B View Post
    I just did a dozen sheets of 4x5 Acros in a Nikor tank, and they look good wet. I used only rotation for agitation this time. We'll see how they scan.
    - Leigh
    Well, no joy. A couple of them look OK, but most had streaking from just noticeable to severe.

- Leigh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The next roll - I agitated for five seconds every 30 seconds, through both parts. There are no streaks that I can see, and I the look in daylight is also far more pleasing than what I was getting before. Thanks everyone for your help with this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoff_roberts/6095703357/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin