Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,327   Online: 943

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Gold toning questions

A few months ago, I started gold toning, after sepia. I loved the peaches and pinks I was getting. At the time, I was using Fotospeed. My problem was that it wasn't lasting anywhere near as long as claimed. I was able to stretch it a bit with higher temperatures, but not for long. Eventually, the solution had little orange stringy things floating, and stopped changing color.
    Recently I bought some Formulary gold toner. I was hoping it lasted longer, as there's a way to replenish in the kit. I have a 5x7 inch print in it now. After about 45 minutes, no color change...
    Anyone have any gold toning tricks? I love the look, but hate the cost (the best I ever got was about 20 8x10's out of a litre). At $65/litre, it adds up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have found that just about everything that PF sells is over priced. You could buy your own gold chloride and mix your own. The other chemicals are not particularly expensive.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Anyone have any gold toning tricks? I love the look, but hate the cost (the best I ever got was about 20 8x10's out of a litre). At $65/litre, it adds up.
    I never managed anywhere near 20 10x8s from 1L

Decided to be much more careful about what prints would get Gold Toned

Gold is aprox $1750/ounce

Gold Toning is never going to be anything except mega expensive

Produces a nice colour though

Martin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin