Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,440   Online: 704

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The grain is huge and it does curl like a spring. Chances are that 40 year old film that fast will be no good however it never hurts to find out. I used a few rolls of it in the late 60's for night shots on a camp out. Hand held 1/30 @ f/2. By lantern light they came out fine for what it was used for. I think the star shots were a single grain.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good film back in the day, I don't think it is any good now.

Jeff

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Think of it as Tmax 3200's dead grandfather. I used that film a few times in the early 80s and hated it, it was a loose cannon.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnymark View Post
    ...cruising for chicks in a hospice--you're just gonna to get your heart broken....
    Black humor, but great Well applicable for political discussions...
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does not this site have a credo somewhere along the lines of "That is called Grain.It is supposed to be there".?
    Eric is right; it curled like a steel spring. Coated on a base Kodak never dared use for any other consumer film.
    It was ,simply extraordinary stuff. I just used it like it was ,well,about 6400 asa, (yes,ASA : ISO had not been invented yet) and left it in the tank while I made,and drank,a cup of coffee.
    Grain out the wazoo,but accompanied by amazing acutance.
    I have a photograph,Nikkor 28/3.5 at f5.6,of a house against the first light of dawn,and the telephone line is etched against the sky as though it was drawn with an etching pen.
    Years later I had occasion to use the P3200 equivalent.
    It is true what they say - you can't ever go back.
    Last edited by Smudger; 08-08-2011 at 05:50 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: duplicate statement

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardo12458 View Post
    Found this in my gadget bag:

KODAK RECORDING FILM 2475, RE 135-36, expired 1971.

What is it? It is *way* older than me. All I know is that this is a 1000ASA film (from an old photography book).
    PURE AWESOMENESS IS WHAT IT IS!!!!
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Crawford View Post
    Hate to say but your roll is not way older than me!
    I was born in 1996.

Shooter
    35mm
    I used that film to shoot photos of a photo essay of people doing street cruising in the late 70's, shot hand held under street lights. The photo editor would not use it because it was "too grainy." My argument was that given the newspaper's 80 line screen nobody would see the grain anyway and the shots were awesome given the technology of the time. This is when ASA 160 Ektachrome was called "High Speed Ektachrome."

~Steve Sloan

Shooter
    35mm
    Would exposing the film at ASA 25 work? It's the slowest speed rating on my Canon AE-1. I might be able to expose "around" the fog. Do you know what the proper chemical name for the "fog-be-gone" compound is? Think it starts with a "B"......
    Last edited by ricardo12458; 08-09-2011 at 03:21 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: fog, not grain.........

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Benzotriazole...or potassium bromide are the ones I know off hand.

High speed films are generally flat to begin with. Add 40 years of fog and you have almost headroom to use, if any at all.

Again, I suggest piggybacking a strip on another roll that you develop before you even worry about how to rate it.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin