Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,434   Online: 798

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Adox Roll Film - Start Mark

I'm sure others have already found this but I will mention it to stop others making the same mistake:

Yesterday I used some Adox CHS 100 film in my Rolleicord. Like a lot of cameras, you line up the start position printed on the backing paper with marks on the camera, close the back and wind on. The camera's mechanism does all the rest.

The Adox film has START written in big letters so I used that position.

When I processed the film, I only got eleven image and looking at the backing paper there is a set of start arrows about 3" further on down the paper. If I had used that it would have worked perfectly.

What's the pointing in putting START where it isn't the start? Grrrr!!!!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Been there and done that. I used some Chinese film one time that had the same thing and it yielded the same result.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've done it too, when I first had a TLR! I suppose that the point of the "START" printing is to prevent someone reloading a used film....at least I've never done that!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    On the plus side, I do like the look of this film. I haven't printed them yet but looking at the negatives, the sky area looks as if a yellow filter has been used.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin