Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,563   Posts: 1,573,353   Online: 1030

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    You just have, there's plenty of equally toxic chemistry used in the dark room.

Ian
    Maybe I've been traumatized by people like the "cancer guy."
    Thanks for helping to keep my feet on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    At the public darkroom I use sometimes, I saw someone pour out his measured graduates for d-76, stop bath, fixer, hypo clear. He got them mixed up, and proceeded to taste them to determine what was what!

The scary part is, how did he already know what they taste like?
    You can usually tell by the smell. Just waft your hand over the container and carefully sniff.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you are worried about selenium don't use extra strength Head and shoulders shampoo and if you do you had better bottle your bath water and take it to the Hazmat station
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    35mm
    At the public darkroom I use sometimes, I saw someone pour out his measured graduates for d-76, stop bath, fixer, hypo clear. He got them mixed up, and proceeded to taste them to determine what was what!

The scary part is, how did he already know what they taste like?
    Fixer might taste like Vinigar?
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    35mm
    On a side note - anyone know the shelf life on partially used film cleaner? I got some Edwal Film Cleaner and also some Kodak Movie Film Cleaner in the same lot, both small half empty bottles.
    Movie film cleaner used to be Triclorothane with a bit of wax to lubricate the film. Should last forever, but has been banned for years. Don't know about the edwal stuff but probaly in the same family. Just hope it is not Carbon Tet.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fixer tastes like ... ? Who the heck would know? No, stop bath probably would taste like vinegar, but please don't taste the chems. I'm one of the people who is constantly urging folks not to pay too much attention to alarmist exaggerations of the "horrors" of photochemistry, but I would say it's an incredibly bad idea to ingest any photo solution.

If you're going to transfer KRST into a new container, why not do it right and use a proper brown glass bottle? Used well, KRST can have a very long life, so perhaps this is not the best place to economize.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin