Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,249   Online: 1017

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like it... Depending on the film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now I have Delta 100 and PanF+, would like to put it on Stand.

In the past HP5+ with Atomal 49. With 1+1 for 10mins it gave really good negatives.
    Last edited by baachitraka; 08-11-2011 at 11:18 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Years ago I have tried 1 hour stand with Foma 400 (expired 2004) in APH09 1:200, 2 slow inv @ 30min - was ok.., if You don't mind that on one side of the film, towards the perforation You might have unevenness, to my understanding due to developer exhaustion.. but the edge effect is interesting for some shots.
    With Delta 100 and PanF+ might be different

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For stand development, I've found that regardless of film speed, 1+100 for 1 hour is a good guideline. Agitate well at the beginning of development, then gently halfway through.
    website | Flickr
    "Embrace the negative with absolution, your final positive reward." --IQ, "The Province," Frequency

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Indeed, ~ 1 min agitation

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have small Jobo talk, yesterday I measured how much water does it take.

Result: 500ml.

That said at-least 5ml developer is recommended for stand.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    That's true however before WWII Agfa were testing long chain wetting agents and patened some which they found to have unexpected anti-oxidising properties. One of these is used in later versions of Rodinal, it was being used during WWII.
    Ian, thanks for this information.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Once you get above pH 12 it becomes increasingly harder to measure the actual pH accurately.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by baachitraka View Post
    Now I have Delta 100 and PanF+, would like to put it on Stand.
    This keeps getting said over and over on APUG. Stand development is not a general purpose developing method. It is used to compress the tonal scale of a contrasty subject. It should not be used on subjects of normal contrast.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    This keeps getting said over and over on APUG. Stand development is not a general purpose developing method. It is used to compress the tonal scale of a contrasty subject. It should not be used on subjects of normal contrast.
    I'd add it's also used to increase edge adjacency effects. If there's sufficient volume of developer then there shouldn't be much change in contrast or any compression. This occurs when there's insufficient developing agent and it begins to exhaust.

Ian

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin