Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,957   Posts: 1,558,056   Online: 1088

Thread: fx-37 and tri-x

Shooter
    35mm

fx-37 and tri-x

Does fx-37 work well with tri-x?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    A little grainy with 4x5 sheets

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Agree. Since you're shooting 35mm you might find this grainy, although relatively sharp. Depends on what kind of look you want. Best to try it, make some prints and decide for yourself if you like the results.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I used FX-37 for quite a while, mostly with Delta 100. My general impression is that it falls somewhere between Rodinal and D-76 type developers with respect to grain accutance. So, as the others say, Tri-x might seem on the grainy side with it, depending on taste.

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd steer clear of it for 35mm TriX unless you are after quite large, ultra sharp grain (my experience coming from FX-39, which is similar). I did not find this dev, with traditional 400 speed films, gave the impression of additional sharpness. You juts got insanely crisp quite big grain at normal pint sizes. its prob a great combo if doing 6x4 inch prints tho!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin