Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,112   Online: 893

Shooter
    35mm

Any paper similar to Ilford multigrade fiber warmtone glossy

Do anybody knows any paper similar to Ilford Multigrade fiber based glossy on rolls? Ilford is not producing it any more and I am not able to find out any single unti available any part in the world
    Thank you from Spain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All I can think of are two papers I prefer over the ilford. Agfa MCC, which is less warm and Forte Polywarmtone which is warmer (though the base is whiter than the ilford. Both great.

Tom

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I think that Agfa MCC is one of the nicest papers out there... But can you get the fiber in rolls???

joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Probably the FORTE would be your best bet. I guess they or FOMA can provide you rolls as you need. Forte Polywarmtone is a very nice paper.

Changing subject.... Is NEGRA out of business?
    Mama took my APX away.....

Images
    I had always used VC fiber papers, Ilford, Agfa, and Forte Polywarmtone among them. I recently gave Forte Fortezo a try, in grade 3 glossy. It's wonderful stuff, and I doubt I'll go back to VC papers. Apparently, you can vary the grade a bit by diluting your developer, playing with developing times, etc. So far, I haven't had to. If your negatives are properly exposed and developed, you may find that you can use grade 3 and never look back.

With VC paper, I found that I had to nail the exposure and print controls dead on to get a usable print. With Fortezo, I may try 3 different times (I've given up on test strips, I hate 'em) and get a light, medium, and dark print, but all perfectly viewable prints. In fact, as far as print sales go, I've found that customers like a choice of a couple of different expressions of the prints. YMMV.
    "If You Push Something Hard Enough, It Will fall over" - Fudd's First Law of Opposition

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin