Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,000   Online: 826

Shooter
    Multi Format

Buying 8x10 B&W film in Australia

Does anyone have any opinions on best/cheapest places to buy B&W 8X10 sheet film in Australia. Thanks.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well, for 4x5" and under, the best place is "overseas" - mail order through Freestyle or B&H. I imagine it's the same with larger formats. My big film order this year, I saved 50% over local costs, and that's including postage and so forth. Currently it is especially good, with the AU$ above parity with the US$. Freestyle delivers astonishingly quickly too (like 4 days!!) It's not that I don't want to buy locally, but 50% is quite a lot...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Weisy and Welcome. I concurr with Marc. I only placed an order with freestyle for 8x10/25sheets Ilford FP4 only last Friday. Exchange rate was parity and it cost $110.

It is not a bad idea to get a group together and do a bulk buy together, you can save a bit on postage that way.

Do look at both freestyle and B&H as depending on what you are seeking one is often better value over the other.

Unfortunately I will not be buying again this year my fridge is full, but there are plenty of others on APUG in Oz that my take up a query of your need to procure from overseas.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Within Australia I would contact Chris at Blanco Negro, Redfern, Sydney. He sells Foma film & I'm pretty sure he stocks 8x10. I haven't tried this film in large format but have seen people get good results from it. Think the price is quite reasonable.
    Apart from that I think you'll struggle to find many people even stocking 8x10 in Australia, let alone at a good price. Like most others I buy from B&H or Freestyle. Generally find that B&H have better prices and lower shipping.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thankyou everybody for your advice. I shall go and do some surfing.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin