Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,571   Online: 988

Shooter
    Multi Format

Agitation Scheme Notation

Hey all,

Is there a "standard" or, at least, commonly used notation for agitation schemes? I am looking to note on a printfile, and so I am looking for a clear way to write this info down as succinctly as possible. I tried a few, but none are very clear, so I am hoping the collective might have some wisdom on this. I have seen things like 5/10 to denote 5 inversions in 10 seconds, but I am looking for a way to write "Initial 60 seconds, then 5 inversions in 10 seconds every minute" or "Initial 60 seconds, then 3 inversions in 10 seconds every 5-10 minutes" etc etc.

Thanks for your help
    Bill Henderson

Shooter
    35mm
    Reading your thread has inspired me to make up my own notation protocol.

Try something like this:

Initial agitation in seconds : # of inversions /(per) # of seconds /(every) number of minutes.

Then, the two examples at the end of your post would become:

60: 5/10/1, and
    60: 3/10/5-10

Best regards,

Dave

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    I have now standardised on 1 inversions per 2.5 secs. So I write 60|10|60 or 60|5|30 for brevity where all nos. are seconds. If I feel I need to vary the speed, and hence quantity of inversions per period, I can always add (f)ast or (g)entle at the end. And if I ever felt the need to do stand development I would add an 'm' for minutes to the last figure – 60|5|30m.

But I think the real answer to your question is that there is no standard.
    Last edited by mr.datsun; 08-18-2011 at 05:22 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin