Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,530   Online: 885

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Chinn
    Well they are talking the talk, so hopefully they will walk the walk and improve marketing and distribution. I have not used Agfa paper for a while even though it is a great paper. Looks like its time to place an order for a box or two.
    'tis great paper as you say Jim. It's also one of the most readily available in NZ. Along with Ilford Multigrade and Forte papers that is. Incidentally, I noticed they recently changed the packaging on their papers. Perhaps the improved marketing and distribution has started .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Chinn
    Well they are talking the talk, so hopefully they will walk the walk and improve marketing and distribution. I have not used Agfa paper for a while even though it is a great paper. Looks like its time to place an order for a box or two.
    Of all the things I've ordered through the common channels (B&H, Adorama, Freestyle, etc.) Agfa papers are one of the few things that I have never had back ordered as far back as I can remember. I use at least 200 sheets of 8x10 Agfa RC per month, besides the other brands I regularly use. Luminos, Forte, Paterson, and Kodak products (even Tri-X!) to name a few, have all come up as back ordered in the past many years at one time or another. Not Agfa, though. Marketing is another matter. They need to get aggressive.
    [COLOR=Sienna][FONT=Arial]Some days are diamonds. Some days a tree crashes through your roof.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The answer to my e-mail to customer service sadly confirms that in spite of this nice new website, Agfa no longer manufactures sheet film. For the duration, I shall refuse to purchase any film in rolls which is not also available in sheets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin