Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,130   Online: 895

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Images
    What country are you in? In any event, FP4 films and Paterson Acutol developer would probably delight you. Try Acutol 1+15 for 7 or 8 minutes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi, Mike.

Everyone has an opinion. Mine would be to keep things simple. If you are familiar with Tri-X and D76, stick with it to begin with. It's a classic combination and it's hard to improve on it. For papers, again I would try to keep it simple. Ilford Multigrade IV and Multigrade Warmtone seem to be among the most popular papers currently available with good reason--they're good. Try a pack of each. Buy some Kodak or Ilford variable contrast filters that fit your enlarger and experiment. Fiber or RC? Most people prefer fiber but I would suggest you start with RC. It's a lot better than it used to be. Ilford's Pearl surface RC papers look very nice and they are a lot easier to work with than fiber if you're just starting to get into darkroom work again. As for chemicals--yep, keep it simple. Along with your D76 for film, go with some standard old Dektol paper developer, any stop bath you prefer and use a quick fix for both film and paper (mix a batch for each).

You're gonna feel like you're dancing with two left feet and trying to juggle with two hands full of thumbs when you first get back into the darkroom. Try to limit the variables as much as possible to begin with. Once you get comfortable, you can start experiementing with other materials.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin