Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,577   Online: 1181

Shooter
    Medium Format

talking of alternative makes ....

how about www.fotospeed.co.uk? anyone tried their papers? The Legacy FB sounds like it could be a reasonable replacement for ilford MGFB warmtone. they have got quite a range of chemicals there too ... but I dont hear of their products being used much though - is there a reason for this??

i notice our friend Mr McLean is mentioned on the site a few times.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Leon, I have only tried their Lith paper/developer combo.
    Check out the Old Man of the Port photo for a hint of what it looks like.
    Nice creamy pinks and baby blues and heavy base.
    http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...cat=500&page=1
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I had wanted to try some of that paper, but it is not being shipped to the US. They had vendor problems. (Vendor in the US.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Legacy is a very nice paper but not so warm as Ilford Warmtone and it does take selenium and gold toning very nicely. I used Legacy to print the images I made at Roughting Linn with you Leon and they look good. I do know who manufactures it but cannot tell you other than to say that it comes from a very good paper producer. Their chemistry is very similar to the standard Ilford stuff but they also do a warm tone developer and a two bath developer, both produce really warm prints. I know what the two bath developer is for I gave them a formula that I made up myself and they used it for that dev. If you try it don't use their dilutions, they're not that good, instead send me a private email and I'll tell you what I use. They will do mail order in the UK.

They were represented in the US by Luminos but it would seem that that has ended, when I next talk to them I'll find out what the situation is for those in the US who might like to try their products.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Les, how are the UK mob related to http://www.fotospeed.com.au ?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Les McLean
    I do know who manufactures it but cannot tell you other than to say that it comes from a very good paper producer.
    is it a re-packaged/ branded already available paper then Les, or specifically made as Legacy for fotospeed?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    is it a re-packaged/ branded already available paper then Les, or specifically made as Legacy for fotospeed?
    Specifically made for Fotospeed, I can tell you that it was originally a paper designed by a well known paper manufacturer for their own use but held back for various reasons and then offered to Fotospeed when Sterling stopped production i India.

Nige, I think there is a connection but I'm not sure how far it goes. I'll be talking to Fotospeed UK in the next few days and will clarify that situation.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Les
    could you inquire as to Canadian suppliers as well? Please?
    Thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin