Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,079   Online: 767

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just remember, 3 quarts water, dissolve powder, top off to one gallon. Works for D-76, Fix, and whatever else you use like Stop Bath. Please also get some PhotoFlo and some sleep.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bblhed View Post
    Just remember, 3 quarts water, dissolve powder, top off to one gallon. Works for D-76, Fix, and whatever else you use like Stop Bath. Please also get some PhotoFlo and some sleep.

Thanks! LOL I got PhotoFlo yesterday as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    I'm assume the answer is no,
    The following quote is very useful to remember when dealing with photography. "My dear Watson, assume nothing."
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Have to be careful here as Agfa Ansco (GAF) 125 is quite different to Agfa 125 which is a Rapid document paper developer.

Ian
    hi ian

i didn't know there was a difference between them
    the only one i have ever seen / read about ( never used ) was agfa/ansco/gaf 125
    http://simmonsphotos.com/Formulas/Paper/Agfa125.html

thnx again !
    john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    hi ian

i didn't know there was a difference between them
    the only one i have ever seen / read about ( never used ) was agfa/ansco/gaf 125
    http://simmonsphotos.com/Formulas/Paper/Agfa125.html

thnx again !
    john

Unfortunately the Agfa Ansco (GAF) developer nomenclature isn't the same as the main Agfa - Germany (and later Orwo) one I think only one (possibly two) dev is the same number for number. Other formulae are vere similar except the Anhydrous/monohydrate conversions's been done incorrectly for the Sulphite

So when the site you link to says Agfa/Ansco that seems to indicate Agfa and Ansco as seperate companies. Antony and Scoville (Ansco) did become Agfa Ansco whioch is when the formulae were published.

Unfortunately Agfa Ansco call the formula Agfa 125 and it's a very different developer to Agfa (Germany) 125

Can be confusing as we don't know whatpeople are referring to at times

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Back in my newspaper days I was working in the darkroom of a little valley paper and a call came on the scanner of some local deputies who were chasing a man who had a gun. It was hot, wicked hot, the kind of hot that makes people do crazy stuff. He raised his gun. The deputies fired. I raced out with my cameras. Soon as I left, the drunk society editor went into the darkroom. I shot some powerful stuff. I went back to the darkroom on deadline and poured D76 in the tank and developed my film. It came out like cr@p. It wasn't long until I found out who had been in the lab. I hauled him into the lab and asked him what he did. Yup, he poured used Dektol in a jug labeled D76.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well... its amazing what proper chemistry can achieve? LOL!

After buying some D76 and properly mixing the stock solution, as well as a new batch of fixer, I got a second roll developed nicely. I had some 4x6 proofs made at the camera store on Saturday. Its B&W photos on color paper, printed with a one hour machine, but hey... I got proofs.

I found out two things, as I intended to do - A.) I still know how to develop film, but need to brush up on my skills, and B.) my $64 Nikon FM ebay find works very well, without any light leaks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin