Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,580   Posts: 1,545,760   Online: 1052

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agfa APX 100

Shooter
    35mm

Agfa APX 100

I'm currently using mostly Acros as a low cost film to learn about home processing and printing. I'm very happy with it and there seems to be plenty of info out there about people's experiences using it. However, whilst buying some stuff from AG Photographic I noticed that they're selling Agfa APX 100 even cheaper, particularly if you buy a pack of 10 rolls. I'm interested but can't seem to find much info about it relating to people's experiences using it. If anyone has any experiences, good or bad, with this film I'd really like to hear it.

Thanks in advance

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi, welcome to the Forum.

If you use the Search function on the Forum, you should find lots of threads, opinions and advice for using APX 100.

I, personally, liked the original APX100 (as produced by Agfa prior to the original company's closure), but I'm not sure whether the current version is exactly the same.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too love/loved the original APX100 from Agfa. I still have 4 tins of it in my freezer, along with 20 odd individual rolls. Have yet to test this version, but I'm sure someone here will have and will be able to give you some feedback.

From memory, this may be the "original" stuff, but can't be sure.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've used several rolls of the presumably new APX100. Although I don't have much experience with different films, I really like the sharpness and contrast of the Agfa.

Here are some examples of APX100 developed mostly in Fomadon R09.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/4817086...gs/agfaapx100/
    I like my film stirred, not shaken.
    Flickr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've used half a dozen or so rolls of the new APX100 [from Ag-photographic) and have been happy with it.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=8536...%20pentax%20mx

Shooter
    35mm
    Doubt if you will find a better quality film anywhere. Last year I bought a 100 ft roll for USD 20 and I was really satisfied with 'Pan F results with ISO 100 speed'. Need I say more? - David Lyga

Shooter
    35mm
    I did use Agfa APX100 too developing in Rodinal. Results are good, maybe watching the datasheet curves you can observe how it's possible to obtain a more large variations of black using Ilford HP for example. High lights are good in twice, maybe HP5 have better results on dark.
    Do I wrong or Rollei RPX now is the same formula of APX ?
    Bye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    RPX is a "new" emulsion from Rollei via Harman. It's related to Kentmere. The original APX 100 from Agfa (Photo) last manufacturing was end 2005. Rollei sold a very big stock during the years under Rollei Retro 100 which was 1:1 APX 100. Due to the fact the lines in Leverkusen (Germany) were closed it's impossible to get back exactly the old emulsion anymore.

If you compare RPX 100 to APX 100 / Retro 100 there is a pretty big difference. About the same comparing FP4+ to APX 100. If you want an actual production film pretty close to APX 100 you should try Fomapan 100. This film reacts about the same on Rodinal 1+50 too. But of course this Czech production is also not exactly the same as the stuff from Leverkusen.
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is it just me or is APX 100 (at least the new formula) less sensitive to yellow, red and orange, making people's faces look darker?

Shooter
    Multi Format

Neofin and Agfa

I was very happy of the reneissance of the ISO 100 Agfa. (APX 400 is only mediocre.)
    My favorite combination APX100 and Neofin Blau:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jojjek/...9256/lightbox/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin