Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,533   Posts: 1,543,995   Online: 1019

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdEye View Post
    I use it for developing 35mm and 120 film by the way.
    You are using it for film? Methinks everyone else believes you are souping prints in it. If you are using it for prints, switch to Ethol LPD paper developer. LPD is available as a powder or liquid, has a very long life plus is replenishable. If you need a film developer, use something like ID-11 or one of the D-76 formulas available, I use genuine Kodak but there are others.

Don't toss the Universal, test it with a film clipping such as a piece of the leader to check for activity. Time the test to verify how long it takes to develope.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    switch to Ethol LPD paper developer. LPD is available as a powder or liquid, has a very long life plus is replenishable.
    I will check on that, I do have a Ilfosol 3, but I am using the PQ Universal again for experimentation purposes. That's a cool way to test it, good thing I keep all my leaders! Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Definitely clip test it first! Anytime you aren't sure, or better yet everytime, check your developer and fixer before you process any film or paper (strip test for first exposure will also test the developer but film clips must be used for the fixer obviously).
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin