Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,719   Posts: 1,514,878   Online: 1000

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

warm tone developer comprising of hydroquinone and sodium hydroxide

hi all,

i vaguely remember reading this formula somewhere, perhaps in an agfa book - it was 12gr hydroquinone/litre as the sole developing agent, sodium hydroxide and preservative (perhaps some bromide). if anyone could furnish the complete formula i'll be very grateful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is usually a lithographic style high contrast film developer. The bromide was quite high as well.

I use a Kodak variant of the similar formula, called D-85 when I want no grays whan processing graphic arts type lithographic film. There are also two parters that keep the hydroxide as a separate solution.

I normally steer clear of hydroxide solutions when they are in trays. Too easy to get an alkili burn this way, let alone the risk of pulling the emulsion right off the print.
    my real name, imagine that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin