Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,285   Online: 1135

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Bergger 200 + PMK

Seeking guidence on using Bergger BPF200 and PMK. What is your EI, processing time, stop bath, wash times.

What I have found so far
    From Bergger:
    [COLOR=RoyalBlue]EI 200 [/COLOR] 12Mins @ 68degrees (no mention of stop, fixer or wash.

Elsewhere on the web:
    [COLOR=RoyalBlue]EI 100 [/COLOR] - 14mins @ 68, N-1(EI 200) 11mins @68, N+1(EI 50) 14mins@68
    [COLOR=RoyalBlue]EI 200 [/COLOR] - 8mins @ 80degrees.
    Water stop only
    No info on fixer
    Wash for 1 hour
    Eric
    www.esearing.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    My results with Bergger BPF 200 were in conjunction with ABC Pyro and also with Pyrocat HD. I did not like this film with either of those developers. It simply will not build the density that is needed with Azo. It is marginal, in my opinion even with negatives that require any degree of expansion from normal contrast, for silver printing. Sorry to "rain on your parade". But that is what I found, in my experience.

I don't like PMK nearly as well as Pyrocat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by esearing
    Seeking guidence on using Bergger BPF200 and PMK. What is your EI, processing time, stop bath, wash times.
    Norman Riley of this list is what I consider a Master of BPF 200/PMK. See his site at:
    http://normanrileyphotography.com/
    If you contact him directly he may suggest starting times.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin