Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,685   Posts: 1,482,283   Online: 918

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

faster film similar to across 100

Hi,
    I am looking for a faster film alternative to Acros 100. I am looking for a film with similar characteristics in probably 400 speed. I always thought there is an Acros 400, but I can not find it anywhere and in a local store I was told it is no longer made ... So anything you can recommend? Currently I develop Acros 100 in D-76.

Thank you for your brilliant help
    Dennis
    ---
    There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.
    ~ Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Acros 100 is Neopan Acros 100, and there is a Neopan 400, but I believe the Neopan 400 is being phased out in some formats. Also, the 400 does not necessarily have similar characteristics to the Acros 100. It is a bit similar, but maybe there are other 400 speed films which are closer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    Acros 100 is Neopan Acros 100, and there is a Neopan 400, but I believe the Neopan 400 is being phased out in some formats. Also, the 400 does not necessarily have similar characteristics to the Acros 100. It is a bit similar, but maybe there are other 400 speed films which are closer.
    Thank you Kevin, I will definitely look into Neopan 400 if it is still available in 120
    ---
    ~ Ansel Adams

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    What is it specifically about Acros that appeals to you? If you like the fine grain, I would think that T-Max 400 is a good film, also Delta 400.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rince View Post
    Thank you Kevin, I will definitely look into Neopan 400 if it is still available in 120
    Neopan 400/120 is gone. You'll have a tough time finding it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I can't remember what got discontinued, but I think it was single rolls of Neopan 400 in 120, and I'm pretty sure you can still get pro-packs (5) in 120.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nope, all Neopan 400/120 is DC.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The closest I've found is Tmax400 in Xtol. I usually use Acros in Rodinal, but I couldn't get anywhere near 400 speed with TMY so I use xtol for it instead.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you everyone. I looked for Neopan 400 online but did not have much luck. I guess I will try the Delta and Tmax 400 then. I love Acros for it's tonal range, the fain grain and the 'richness'. I am sorry that I can not describe it better. I really like how the tones blend.
    ---
    ~ Ansel Adams

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I love Acros for it's tonal range, the fain grain and the 'richness'. I am sorry that I can not describe it better. I really like how the tones blend.
    I think you've described it well. I love Acros 100 because of the 'richness'. It's quite creamy and 'soft' whilst still being sharp... gee I can't explain it either ;-) I think TMAX 400 would be a good option as already suggested.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin