Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,685   Online: 962

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just an interesting note, I've seen paper that was partially coated, and paper that printed with interesting gray swirls. Both times it was a Forte paper. I assure you it was the paper. Another time, decades ago, in lab where we used Agfa contact paper in rolls, I'd see all sorts of odd things. Blank areas, mottled areas, etc. The most memorable was a fly in the emulsion.

Also, I mixed an Amidol developer for a class once. We made about 10 good prints and then nothing, zip, not the faintest trace of an image. When that developer died, it stopped dead.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It actually wasn't my paper, but, the box did come sealed with the paper inside a light tight black sleeve per usual. The paper did have a watermark on the back, though I cannot recall what it said, and the box did say something similar to "photographic paper for B+W printing" and I think it had the word darkroom on there as well. The girl who's paper it was said she had just broken the seal on the box and opened it for the first time about five minutes before she asked for my help. If someone did pull a switch, and then carefully repack the box the jokes on them, the paper was about $40 where she bought it. That's damn near the same price as inkjet!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know... But, if the paper is defective in manufacture, packaging or labeling, you (the student) deserve to have the product replaced with a like amount, free of charge. Don't you think so?
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin