Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,494   Online: 1084

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Bulk Loaded Film Online

I was looking for film online today and I ran across a site the offers their own film cassettes loaded with bulk film form the major manufacturers. They obviously make it sound like a great deal, but it still seems suspicious. The site is called Freestyle Photographic Supplies.

Freestyle

I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with this Co., if so what did you think? The price is sure right, but if it's fogged and scratched what good is it?
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][SIZE=2]"We are not at War, we are having a nervous breakdown". Hunter S. Thompson[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen J. Collier
    I was looking for film online today and I ran across a site the offers their own film cassettes loaded with bulk film form the major manufacturers. They obviously make it sound like a great deal, but it still seems suspicious. The site is called Freestyle Photographic Supplies.

Freestyle

I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with this Co., if so what did you think? The price is sure right, but if it's fogged and scratched what good is it?
    I guess you dont pay much attention to the banners.....
    Freestyle is an APUG sponsor, and yes, they are legit.........

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've bought the bulk loaded 35mm films from Freestyle before, and I've been quite satisfied.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    I guess you dont pay much attention to the banners.....
    Freestyle is an APUG sponsor, and yes, they are legit.........
    No, I guess I don't. Well thanks for drawing my attention to the fact. I guess this says something about my attention to detail.
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][SIZE=2]"We are not at War, we are having a nervous breakdown". Hunter S. Thompson[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen J. Collier
    No, I guess I don't. Well thanks for drawing my attention to the fact. I guess this says something about my attention to detail.
    Or the very enviable ability to tune out advertising....

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Or the very enviable ability to tune out advertising....
    Well, I like that much better!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used some of their bulk-loaded film and had no problems -- this was a couple of years ago. They sell their Arista Professional line of house-branded B&W films which are widely known to be made by Ilford. The Arista.Edu line is made by Forte in Hungary. I've used a lot of the Arista Professional in 35mm and 120 with good results. Apparently Freestyle has been around for a long time -- they have been a player in LA for at least 50 years IIRC.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Freestyle is a completely reputable business. Along with JandC they make a pair of fine sponsors. You can buy their products with confidence.
    [COLOR=Sienna][FONT=Arial]Some days are diamonds. Some days a tree crashes through your roof.[/FONT][/COLOR]

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin