Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,166   Online: 758

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Marco, I think it's 20g sod. sulfite per litre of working solution, not 200g ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Of course, probably he made a typing mistake. I'm using Varycon FB paper and have no idea about how much time it takes to wash it properly. Do you? If nobody has I'll use the time Renato posted. Anyway, I don't think one minute more will make a big difference

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    OOps, 20g sounds better, yes

And Giacomo: "sbianca" or "bleach" is a completely different thing. It's used as a silver reducer, and has basically 2 functions I'm aware of: local brightening (with a different effect from dodging, as bleaching actually increases local contrast, up to some levels) and indirect toning. Since what bleaching does is breaking up the silver halides and thus making silver available to form other molecules, after the bleach phase silver atoms are ready to form a different halide with another element. Sepia toning is a classic example, but also selenium, which you asked about, can be used as an indirect toner. More of this on Rudman's Bible :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know times for Varycon, but Renato's times look very reasonable. That's about what I do.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For washing times, I think that, unless ready to do some testing, you might extract some information from wash-aids manufacturers' instructions... And yes, Rudman covers this issue in his book, as well ;-)

P.S.: I guess I should get in touch with him and pretend some money :-D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh yes, you're doing a very nice advertising work! In fact, I hope I'll be able to find this book somewhere. And thanks for the chemistry lesson, really .
    Did you study it or it is just a consequence of addiction to dark room work?

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is it possible your toner is Rollei Selenia? Like: http://www.macodirect.de/rollei-sele...0ml-p-210.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by giacomo.fiani View Post
    Oh yes, you're doing a very nice advertising work! In fact, I hope I'll be able to find this book somewhere. And thanks for the chemistry lesson, really .
    Did you study it or it is just a consequence of addiction to dark room work?
    No specific studies, actually, just a little chemistry back at school.. But I do catch my old textbook to read some things again, when I come across them in the darkroom :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CBG View Post
    Is it possible your toner is Rollei Selenia? Like: http://www.macodirect.de/rollei-sele...0ml-p-210.html
    I bought it online as Agfa (http://www.fotomatica.it/contents/it...iari.html#p922), but it must be the same, since the indications are the very same. There's no brand on the pack, just the title "Selenia - B&W print toner". I think it's the same product sold with different names.

Marco, I did nothing about chemistry at school, but I'd like very much to know better what happens at very small scale!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1+3 selenium with Kodak Rapid Selenium Toner or Berg Selenium gives the fastest results and highest color change for me. I let it go to completion.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin