Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,818   Online: 695

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    The guidelines for our community recycle program advise against recycling bottles that have been in contact with chemicals.

Here (Finland) it is actually illegal to use any container that is similar that one used for food or drink for storing chemicals. The reason is that someone could accidentally drink chemical as the container looks familiar - like coke bottle..

Despite of that, a lot of people use PET bottles (lemonade, soda) for storing chemicals. Including me, because those bottles are easy to get and they're flexible enough for squeezing all air off.

I would not return these bottles for recycling, even though they're crushed and melted.

But you never know what is kept in the glass bottles that are returned for reuse. Or what was kept on the PET bottles when they were still returned for reuse instead of crushing.
    Someone could return a bottles used for storing gasoline, rat poison or some other toxic stuff..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey, do you play a musical instrument that uses a strap? Check this link out: http://www.seymourduncan.com/tonefie...th-every-beer/.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Dear BetterSense,

My brain tells me you should have no problem. My gut tells me bottles are cheap enough to just get new ones. I have nothing really to stand on here, but I wouldn't re-use them.

Neal Wydra
    Funny what some will do to try to save a few pennies and risk a problem.

I doubt you will get sick if you get all the heavy metals outs, but more likely foul the beer you worked so hard on to perfect.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Usagi View Post
    But you never know what is kept in the glass bottles that are returned for reuse. Or what was kept on the PET bottles when they were still returned for reuse instead of crushing.
    Someone could return a bottles used for storing gasoline, rat poison or some other toxic stuff..
    That is the reason given here when they switched from reusable plastic milk bottles to selling Milk in bags. The bags are made from Virgin plastic and where they are recycled they are used for "other products'.

Beer bottles are washed in a railcar sized machine called a "soaker" and at that the brewery has both machines and workers looking for cigarette buts and rodents in the fill line. I remember geting atour where the supervisor was showing a photocell that caught something in a bottle, he put the rejected bottle back on teh line and it WENT THROUGH!, he grabbed it and ran it two or three times before the photocell kicked it out for rewashing.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have heard of reused coke bottles with a cigar or a rodent in them. IDK how a rodent got into a bottle through the narrow opening, but the person who found it told me it was in a few pieces. Both instances were outside of the US.

PE

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Ron, in Canada this is a cottage industry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgVspgy184

Few people know that Bob and Doug made the emulsion for the last Azo run for Kodak Canada.

Cheers,
    Clarence

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Clarence;

That ruined my lunches, all the way to the end of October. Kapish? Hahahaha.

Ron

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Capito! eh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just had lunch and I feel fine. See you soon Clarence!

PE

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin