Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,095   Online: 1061

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Recycle the glass and wire. The ceramic stopper makes a pretty good roach clip.
    putting your mouth on something porous that was bathed in fixer and then heating it up ...
    that is as bad as putting beer in the bottles ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    It not a great practice to put fixer in bottles or containers generally recognized as being normally used for food or drink. Imagine if a friend or relative who might be house sitting for you found them and in a drunken stupor perhaps took a big swig of fixer....stranger things have happened.
    Are your friends and relatives that stupid? Perhaps you should review your choice of house-sitter! :-)
    Last edited by kevs; 09-14-2011 at 03:39 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: rewrite - who cares anyway?
    testing...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Soup is better in a chamber pot

Quote Originally Posted by Worker 11811 View Post
    On more than one occasion, people have walked in with large soup tureens, asking her to help find out who made them and what they are worth. They are absolutely shocked when my wife tells them that these "tureens" are really chamber pots.
    Adds flavor so good as it will put a sh_t eating grin in your face.

But seriously, I think bottles are so cheap, why reuse them?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For years when I was a kid, I thought Peter Pan was a reference to a chamber pot!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by L Gebhardt View Post
    Follow your name, and have better sense than to put your beer in your old chemical bottles.

What he said!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If they were glass, I might but why?
    If they are plastic, I am kinda sure it will be fine... that said why would you want to risk rotten-egg overtones in your beer regardless?
    It would be the taste I would be most worried about.... isn't that the point of messing about with home brew... certainly it's not cheaper than cans of Heiniekin that is pretty cheap and tasty here in the USA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Is there a way to suspend users for a month that start threads like this?!?!?!?

I know two of you are going to say "ignor" the thread... I say it clutters up the forum for useful conversation and discourse.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You may get them clean enough to not be a danger (you probably will), but the chance of off tastes should deter you. Most plastic isn't great for beer anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Simple test. Next time you make beer, use clean bottles. Nothing recycled from the darkroom. Offer your guests a choice of two bottles. Say, "this one is from a bottle I used for chemicals in my darkroom for a couple of years. This bottle is new". See which bottle they pick.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin