Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,663   Posts: 1,481,656   Online: 803

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Developing Fuji Superia 800 in D76

I have a few rolls of expired Fuji Superia 800 and I would like to develop them in B&W chemicals. It seems more interesting than converting the images to B&W in Photoshop. I use the Kodak D76 developer (& fixer) and I'm familiar with the normal C41 and D76 development processes but not this "mix". I think I need some help here...

Where can I find the development times for D76 (1:1) but using color fim? Or is there a "rule of thumb" for the development times of color films with D76?

Any guidance will be highly appreciated!

Shooter
    35mm
    Help... Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by aquanta View Post
    I have a few rolls of expired Fuji Superia 800 and I would like to develop them in B&W chemicals. It seems more interesting than converting the images to B&W in Photoshop. I use the Kodak D76 developer (& fixer) and I'm familiar with the normal C41 and D76 development processes but not this "mix". I think I need some help here...

Where can I find the development times for D76 (1:1) but using color fim? Or is there a "rule of thumb" for the development times of color films with D76?

Any guidance will be highly appreciated!

Shooter
    35mm
    don't use any developers with metol because it produce high density fog.
    try to develop in Diafine. EI will be about 200. or Microphen 1+1 10-15min to EI 400-800
    also search forum - some time ago I posted set of formulas for developing C41 film as BW and clear base

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i've never used d76 for b/w or color.
    i've used a lot of other things though ...
    for processing color in b/w chemistry my
    fluid of choice is eyeball measured caffenol c
    with 15cc of stock ansco130 / 1L caffenol ... stand developed for 26 mins ...
    the film has its usual color mask ... but any b/w developer will give
    you the same color mask ... c41 is one color, e6 is another ...

good luck !
    john

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would take a guessing stab and put a starting point of 8 to 9 minutes for D-76 1+1 20 celsius, given similar activity compared to other developers of films that have same/similar times as C-41 film I've processed in them.

Shooter
    35mm
    repeat again - don't use any developers with methol (d76, d23 etc). it cause high fog level

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Relayer View Post
    repeat again - don't use any developers with methol (d76, d23 etc). it cause high fog level
    ansco 130 has metol, hq and glycin, potass bromide and sodium carbonate and sodium sulfite in it ...
    i haven't seen excessive fog levels ... maybe its the coffee ? maybe its the glycin ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had decent success developing color film in Dektol(D-72), but it's been a few years and I don't recall the times used. It will result in some fairly contrasty negatives, it's needed if you plan on trying to print them.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    ansco 130 has metol, hq and glycin, potass bromide and sodium carbonate and sodium sulfite in it ...
    i haven't seen excessive fog levels ... maybe its the coffee ? maybe its the glycin ?
    maybe this depended from film also

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    if it is film dependent ...
    i have used it on superia 800, 400 and 200 as well as
    sensia 100 + 400 films

never had excessive fog ...
    no more than the b/w film i process in the same soup,
    sometimes less

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin