Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,407   Online: 893

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    2F/2F makes a very good point.

Light is important, and knowing what to do with it is everything. I stopped using the in-camera meter years ago, for the same reasons mentioned.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    That first picture you posted looks like you had a red filter or perhaps a polarizer on to darken the sky. Is that incorrect? I was just curious because I've noticed less response with Acros than with other films when using red and yellow filters.

Edit: Thomas you are right. I always forget that my shooting, development regiment is quite different. I went the wrong way with the ISO in me head.
    Yes, all those shots are done with polarizer filter, that day i went out to shoot 5 films, 4 colors and 1 B&W which is this Acros, all done with CPL filter.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Understanding the variables and the materials of the process is key. The in-camera meter (60/40 in my case) works really good, given that I still have to compromise with developing a whole roll of film at a set time. But I know how where to point the meter, apply the reading given and I know my film.

But really, only a sheet of Kodak film, exposed with a Pentax spotmeter and lovingly developed by darkroom elves in spring water and pixie dust is good enough.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin