Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,170   Online: 1131

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Nutmeg is hallucinogenic and can cause death in high enough quantities.

PE
    True but it takes VERY large amounts.

I actually know someone who tried it once - once - back in his college days. According to him it was intensely unpleasant and no one would do it a second time on purpose except perhaps for someone desperate to escape their circumstances with no other route, which is why they have to keep it locked up in prisons.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Roger;

On nights when I have had Nutmeg on something, I have the most amazing dreams regardless of amount!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At one time in England a young girl would drimk a cup of warm milk flavored with honey and half a grated nutmeg. It was said that she would dream that night of her intended husband.

When I was in college one of my roommates made beef stroganoff and got carried away with the nutmeg. We all had vivid technicolor dreams that night.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm
    It becomes both harder and more obnoxious for normal people to get a hold of chemicals for legitimate uses. Note that the supply of illicit drugs remains cheap and easy to source. I find this both amusing and infuriating. A clear indication that we as a society have dropped the ball, and idiocracy rules the roost.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    It becomes both harder and more obnoxious for normal people to get a hold of chemicals for legitimate uses. Note that the supply of illicit drugs remains cheap and easy to source. I find this both amusing and infuriating. A clear indication that we as a society have dropped the ball, and idiocracy rules the roost.
    See my post 36 and comment, "the inmates are in charge of the asylum."

Sigh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lately, my dreams have been dim and not very colorful. I might try a little nutmeg on something before I go to bed.
    Happiness is a load of bulk chemicals, a handful of recipes, a brick of film and a box of paper. - desertrat

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I still don't know what the big deal is. I haven't had trouble getting anything, and I have a far wider selection of exotic chemicals in my darkroom than the average worker. Filling out a token piece of paper
    evey few years stating that you intend to use a particular compound for photographic applications is hardly an example of an oppressive regime. If some idiot out there wishes to acquire mercury salts for
    purposes of personally smoking these, I could care less - just give them the Darwin award in advance. But if they are slipping this kind of thing into allegedly benign drugs for naive and unsuspecting kids,
    that's an entirely different subject and worth monitoring.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat View Post
    and then attach a photocopy of my drivers license.

You have to be able to drive to order it?!!!

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    You have to be able to drive to order it?!!!

Steve.
    Poor choice of words on my part. I think 'photo ID' is the correct term. Non-drivers aren't discriminated against. (as long as they have picture ID, which is required for all adults)
    Happiness is a load of bulk chemicals, a handful of recipes, a brick of film and a box of paper. - desertrat

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin