Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,744   Online: 1099

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    We had quite a segment on the local news last nite about the growing problem of high-quality fake ID's.
    Apparently kids are ordering these from China as fake Arizona DL's in order to get into bars under 21.
    The reason for AZ licenses is that the newer Calif ones are a lot more difficult to counterfeit. I still have
    the older-style photo DL, but then, nobody is going to mistake me for a teenager either.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    I rarely cary any ID unless I'm flying, working, shopping, or driving.
    ID for shopping?

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    You are not required to carry identification in the USA. I rarely cary any ID unless I'm flying, working, shopping, or driving.
    For those who don't know, Jason takes turns being the person on APUG in charge of irony
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    For those who don't know, Jason takes turns being the person on APUG in charge of irony
    Excellent. I've got a shirt he can do for me!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    ID for shopping?

Steve.
    If you plan to buy alcoholic beverages or certain other things (guns or ammunition for example - which with the number of sport shooters and hunters here in the US is a very real possibility for plenty of folks) yes.

It varies a lot locally but many places here you can't buy alcohol without a photo ID no matter how old you look. There's even a local ordinance in one area not far from me to that effect - everyone must be carded (present photo ID proving they are at least 21) every time, no exceptions or the seller can be fined. Other places as long as you look old enough it's usually not requested (for alcohol.)

But if you aren't buying age restricted merchandise, no. Some places do require a photo ID that matches a credit card to make a credit card purchase but that isn't that common. In fact I only recall seeing that at a liquor store.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hydroquinone is an adult product, just like a real darkroom, and especially like amidol and glycin. An ID card should be required to check for photographic maturity. There are plenty of digital cameras around for immature geeks who don't know what kind of shots they want.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I handled my first HQ at about the age of 12. I had no problems either handling it, buying it or using it. Today, at that age, I could not buy it at all. But, by learning at an early age, I became set on becoming a chemist who specializes in photographic chemistry. I did it. Of course, that is also not really possible.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had chemistry sets with stuff that would give modern safety advocates nightmares and developed my first roll of film at 9 or 10 years old, I forget exactly, with supportive but bemused and bewildered parents outside the closed off bathroom door. Honestly I miss those days and think the small increases in safety in our concerns with relatively minor risks are not worth what we've lost in the sense of wonder and adventure. But who cares when we can play awesome 3d video games all day? Who needs real and challenging experiences? [/snark] Sigh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I turned the big Five o not long ago and I routinely am carded for tobacco products at most chain drugstores.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Which only proves that you are old enough to know not to smoke!

PE

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin