Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,828   Online: 821

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Worker 11811 View Post
    This is not to say that one should never eat a frozen dinner from the microwave or print a digi-pic with your computer. I do those things all the time but I keep them in perspective. It is convenient to do so and it is fun to see a picture only minutes after you download it from the memory card. Y'know what? Sometimes I'm tired or I don't have time to get out the pots and pans to cook a meal. I just need to eat something.

I think your entire post has got to be one of the best I've ever heard, and it so true. This will be one of those explanations that'll stick with me for sure. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by laboheme17 View Post
    Looks great! That's awesome that you've made your own darkroom, been dreaming of doing that for years.
    It doesn't take much. All together I've got about $300 or so in it. I stalked ebay for days... and i'm still stalking it for a few other things I'd like to have. I got a GraLab timer for less than $20, found a beginners enlarger for $50 on craigslist, and bought a few things new from Freestyle Photo.

I set everything up in the bathroom at my studio and made it work. It was quick, down, and dirty, but it worked. As I spend more time working, I'll figure out ways to make things more comfortable and flow a little better.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It looks great! Probably, it is. Congratulations and keep taking and printing B&W photos.
    Henry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Christopher, you're where I'm aiming to be by the end of the year. Thanks for posting your results - it's inspired me and made me even more excited about setting up my own darkroom after years in the wilderness. Keep on!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your welcome!

I'm planning on spending a great amount of time in there this week sometime. I hope to create at least one 5x7 that I can mat and frame. I also need to get out and shoot some more film too!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Good work. Welcome back to the darkroom. I reconstituted my darkroom a few weeks ago after an 8 year absence.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think your print looks nice. I think most photographers feel their prints can always be tweaked more. I'm in the same position as you. I just picked up my first enlarger yesterday and I'm still a few things away from making my first print, but I'm psyched

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Stephen! Good luck with your new dark room as well! It's turning out to be WAY more fun than I even remembered!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin