Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,753   Online: 1016

Images

WD2D+ shelf life?

I've got some WD2D+ that is probably 18 months old, still 3/4+ full. I haven't used it in a while, as I had found HC-100 dil H/HP5 to be a great combo. I just shot my first Classic 400 and thought I'd give WD2D+ a try.

Photographer's Formulary was vague about shelf life, something along the lines of " a good while."

Does anybody have more specific information, or should I just pour it down the drain? Maybe I'll try PMK next time, it seems to have a great shelf life.
    "If You Push Something Hard Enough, It Will fall over" - Fudd's First Law of Opposition

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Bennett
    I've got some WD2D+ that is probably 18 months old, still 3/4+ full. I haven't used it in a while, as I had found HC-100 dil H/HP5 to be a great combo. I just shot my first Classic 400 and thought I'd give WD2D+ a try.

Photographer's Formulary was vague about shelf life, something along the lines of " a good while."

Does anybody have more specific information, or should I just pour it down the drain? Maybe I'll try PMK next time, it seems to have a great shelf life.
    Stock Solution A of WD2D+ is basically very similar to Stock Solution A of PMK, and the latter will last for several years in a partially full bottle. The B solution will last indefinitely. So chances are your developer is as good as new after only 18 months.

But just in case test first with unimportant film.

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

wd2d+_

Try to keep the two different solutions in brown amber bottles. I've been mixing it up since the mid-nineties and it has an indefinate shelf life. Recently I bought the combo from the Formulary and left it in the plastic bottle-seems to have "matured" a bit but quite useable
    Peter

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin