Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,558   Online: 1000

Shooter
    Medium Format

Ilford Rapid Fix - 5 Liters - Simple, Stupid Question

Hello all,

Simple stupid question. Do the 5 liter containers of Ilford Rapid Fixer have a seal on the opening? I thought I remembered them having it, but the container I just received had no seal and some of the fixer has leaked out. I'm wondering if it's usable or if it might be shot.....

And if there should have been a seal, I guess I go to the company I ordered it from and to Ilford directly with the batch number.

Like I said, simple stupid question, but I just can't remember for certain about a seal on my last container.

Thanks so much!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The bottle I just opened had a seal that I had to puncture. This is in the new style bottle, the rather squarish translucent one, not the older white plastic jub.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Tim,

Thanks for confirming for me. I was so surprised to find no seal on this new container.

Shooter
    35mm
    The older white plastic tub had a seal as well. In fact I can't recall any Ilford liquid chems that don't have a seal when you buy new.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Hiersnt,

It absolutely should have a liquiseal on the bottle neck :

If it does not then it has been removed prior to your purchase ( unlikely ) or was defective in manufacture.

I have checked and we have no QC's outstanding for this fault. I would not suggest returning it to the shop in case you spill some, I would also suggest that you do not use the product, PM me your address and I will arrange to have it replaced free of charge. Please be kind enough to PM me the batch number from the bottle so as I can start our internal work.

Sorry you have had a problem with an ILFORD Photo product.

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin