Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,924   Posts: 1,556,684   Online: 1162

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    I have been using Xtol replenished but haven't put any film through it for a couple of weeks. Do I have to replenish before I use it again or just use it? It's stored in a full, well-capped brown glass bottle. Thanks,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by presspass View Post
    I have been using Xtol replenished but haven't put any film through it for a couple of weeks. Do I have to replenish before I use it again or just use it? It's stored in a full, well-capped brown glass bottle. Thanks,
    Just use it as it is. Last weekend I developed film in my replenished XTOL that was previously used in the beginning of July. No problems.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mi XTOL soup is now 13 months old and I use it till next spring!
    I have 9 liter in a plastic box short bevor I use it I take one liter out und fill it with one liter fresh XTOL!

Cheers Armin
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So as a noob and never having used Xtol. I've used Ilford and D76 film developers how do I use Xtol? I've read other places that Xtol dies unexpectedly after ~a month or so. This is new encouraging info since I want to try Xtol with either tri-x or HP-5 very soon. So how do I use the stuff? I'm sure there's a thread or two? Right now I have 3 - 1/2 gal. plastic darkroom jugs I was going to use to mix the stuff in?

Straight, 1:1 etc? What is the difference?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Harrington View Post
    So as a noob and never having used Xtol. I've used Ilford and D76 film developers how do I use Xtol? I've read other places that Xtol dies unexpectedly after ~a month or so. This is new encouraging info since I want to try Xtol with either tri-x or HP-5 very soon. So how do I use the stuff? I'm sure there's a thread or two? Right now I have 3 - 1/2 gal. plastic darkroom jugs I was going to use to mix the stuff in?

Straight, 1:1 etc? What is the difference?
    The XTOL sudden death syndrome was a result of a packaging problem years ago. The problem was fixed.

I use a white paint bucket.
    Mark the inside for 4 quarts and 5 quarts.
    Fill the bucket with 4 quarts of hot water.
    Slowly mix in the chemicals with a stirrer or a paddle following the direction.
    Add water to 5 quarts.

Pour off XTOL into tightly sealed bottles.
    Use a one quart bottle for developing film. After developing film, add 70ml per roll of 36 exposure 35mm film or roll of 120 film [80 square inches = four sheets of 4"x5" = 8"x10"] to the bottle, then pour in the used developer and top off the bottle. Dump the remaining used developer.

Any other questions? Please feel free to ask.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you very much! Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been using wine bladders for 7 months it it works well. I have a 2 liter working bottle of Xtol in a plastic bottle and the portion that I use for replenishment I have in wine bladder.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/9...container.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin