Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,393   Online: 722

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Looks like a scanner problem. I've seen that with phenidone but never with p-aminophenol.

Shooter
    35mm
    UPDATE: I've just refixed this roll, and based on a quick inspection of the worst areas with a 10x loupe, it looks like they might be OK. They're drying right now, and not sure if I will have time to scan today, but if I do, I'll post back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When you fix negatives, with rapid fixer it shouldn't take more than about 30-40 seconds to clear a film strip. Upwards a minute and it's time to replace it. Just take a piece of 35mm film, like the leader you trim off before you load your film into the reels and tank, and dunk it in your fixer with agitation.

Even though it takes no more than about 30 seconds (or less) with fresh fixer to clear a film strip, it isn't a bad idea to fix for five minutes using Ilford Delta, Kodak TMax, or Fuji Neopan Acros. If you use traditional grain films, you can probably get away with three minutes, although five minutes will not hurt a thing.

Good luck, and I hope the re-fix solves your issues.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    Either underfixed or film touching in spiral, or exposed to light before fully fixed. Possibly a refix could correct. If not, it was exposed to light.
    Looks like you called it right out of the gate, Rick! Same roll here, different image. The one I posted originally was on a strip that's taking longer to dry, and it wasn't one of the shots I really cared about from this roll anyway.

I really appreciate everyone's input here, I learned some important stuff.

I don't generally mind making mistakes if they make be better in the future, and this was certainly the case here. Had I not been able to figure out what the issue was, I would have been fairly frustrated.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin