Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,056   Online: 910

Thread: Replenisher?

Shooter
    35mm

Replenisher?

I have been using D-76 for developing film. Recently, I have been having trouble with my images being to grainy, so I decided to try something new. I bought Acufine B/W film developer that is supposed to be ultra fine grain. I have never used anything other than D-76 and Legacy Pro for film. When my Acufine order came in, I noticed that it is to be used with a replenisher. What is replinsher, what kind should I get and how do I use it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.foto-riegler.at/pdf/datas...fine_acu-1.pdf

You don't have to use it with a replenisher.

A replenisher is a solution that you use to refresh the chemistry. After you use the solution it loses some developing potential, it becomes weaker. In order to regain the full strength of the developer, you pour in a certain amount of replenisher per film developed.

It isn't 100% clear what the replenisher for Acufine actually is, based on the linked to data sheet above. But I'm sure a phone call or letter to the manufacturer would sort that out in a hurry.

Acufine Chemicals
    701 Corporate Woods Pkwy
    Vernon Hills, IL 60061
    (847) 821-5429

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin