Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,430   Online: 826

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks guys! The SS tank and plastic reels look like a good idea. Gonna check freestyle on that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdEye View Post
    Thanks guys! The SS tank and plastic reels look like a good idea. Gonna check freestyle on that.
    Sorry if we may have confused you - as far as I know no-one makes a SS tank and plastic reel combination.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I mean, ill buy a ss tank and then a seperate plastic reel, or is that combination not possible to use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdEye View Post
    I mean, ill buy a ss tank and then a seperate plastic reel, or is that combination not possible to use?
    Nope - the plastic reels are too big in diameter to fit in any SS tanks (that I am aware of).

In addition, as far as I am aware, the only SS reels that work in plastic tanks are Hewes reels that are specially designed for JOBO tanks.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    What ever you do don't rap a plastic tank hard they tend to break or split, a gentle tap is OK.
    shark's teeth have nothing on the bottom edge of my tanks, a mess of half-cracked splinters in all directions! and boy, you should really see my sink one of these days...

Last edited by Vilk; 09-26-2011 at 08:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh I see! Thanks for the clarification. guess there's I'll just have to deal with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    None of my SS tanks leak and only a few of my plastic tanks lieak! I generally have no problem.

However, as said above, there are gloves and I keep a box of them in the DR.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can get a 100-pack of disposable Nitrile gloves at stores like Harbor Freight or Central Tractor for about $10.00.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    35mm
    Uneven drying?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Its an air bubble, i have the same problem with tri-x and HC110 and i solve them with presoaks the film in tap water for about one minute with continuous agitation.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin