Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,076   Online: 740

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ordering film during the hot months.

Is it a good idea to order during the summer? I mean the film will probably roast part of the time during shipping?? We still have about 6 weeks of summer here in Texas and I want to order form B&H. Should I wait?
    Bill

Pentax 645, Pentax 6X7MLU, and many Nikons-F2 Photomic F2AS FM2N N2000 N6000 N6006 Nikomat FTN

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    If you can wait to play it safe. But you could also pay just a couple dollars more for their 3 day shipping and it will probably travel part way on an airplane.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You worry, I worry, but do you suppose B&H cares if they need restocking?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been living in Turkey and 8-9 months of the year it's very hot, but it's caused no problems with B&W films over the past 5 years. We need the refrigerator for food so no room for film but I just store as low to the floor as possible (ground floor). That seems to be cooler than the ambient room teperature mid 30's to 40's (°C) at the hotter spells.

Gave up worrying after multple airport scans and then the heat after discovering the negs and prints were perfect

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin