Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,214   Posts: 1,532,119   Online: 1054

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've now ordered the Rodinal so I look forward to trying it out. Thanks everyone!

Shooter
    35mm
    Another one to the rodinal side...muahhahahahah! Have fun with the developer, for me it will be the developer for a life time!

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Rodinal and APX100 are a perfect combination, very fine grain, sharp and superb tonality.

Welcome to APUG BTW

Ian
    It can even get better. There is a soup named Moersch Eco Film Developer. It works extremely well with APX 100 and other low- and medium-speed non-T-grain films.

I don't have a bigger version of this one online, but it gives an impression of the sharpness - this scan was not sharpened:

It's a 35mm negative, taken with an old lens that does not render much contrast.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    CMO the print looks very sharp and has good tonality and I was wondering if you knew what devoloping agent was used in the Moersch developer. I just read that it needs an activator but no Info about the developer.
    Thanks
    Dominik

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have no idea about the ingredients. It's two concentrates, you use them like 1+1+50 (50 is the water) or similar.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format

To CMO

Thank you
    Dominik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok, another developer to try. I had anyway considered ordering some alt process stuff from Moersch.

To MDR and Chrismat: after reading up on stand development on the forum an elsewhere, how much agitation do you do? I haven't figured out how much that affects the time.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dear myosotis

I agitate 3 times the first time for 30 secs, the second time after 30 mins for 8 secs and the third time just before the hour is over again for 8 secs. I also a presoak the film for 3 mins. If you do a lot of alt processes you might consider using one of the staining developers like Pyrocat HD, Jay de Fehr's Hypercat , Moersch's Tanol or Tanol Speed.

Dominik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    indeed, Moersch Eco is interesting developer.
    cmo, what scanner was used for that attached photo of Yours?
    If I am not mistaken, the exif says "Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark II" & "Focal Length: 50"
    Thanks,
    G

Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    It can even get better. There is a soup named Moersch Eco Film Developer. It works extremely well with APX 100 and other low- and medium-speed non-T-grain films.

I don't have a bigger version of this one online, but it gives an impression of the sharpness - this scan was not sharpened:

It's a 35mm negative, taken with an old lens that does not render much contrast.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by georg16nik View Post
    cmo, what scanner was used for that attached photo of Yours?
    If I am not mistaken, the exif says "Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark II" & "Focal Length: 50"
    Thanks,
    G
    This is strictly an analog forum, but I want to reply. I use a high-end DSLR with a bellows and an Olympus 4/80mm bellows head as a scanner, the light source is a very bright LED video light, and I am very happy with the results. I use that camera mostly as a very good negative scanner The analog print looks very similar, but I don't have it here.

But not today, I just have break from a long darkroom session, I prepare an exhibition, and this monitor is too bright for me now.

BTT:

I am currently experimenting with Moersch's efd and Efke 50 and Orwo UN54 and N74 film. So far I can say that Efke 50 and efd is a very good match, like APX 100/Rollei retro 100, and both Orwos like Xtol. As soon as I have more time I will show the results on apug in a separate thread.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin