Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,977   Online: 807

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvman View Post
    Sounds good Clark. I was going to take my Mamiya C330s as well as a bessa rangefinder and xpan. Was thinking likewise. 30 rolls of 120 and a similar amount of 35mm too. Do you think there would be enough time to process film out there as well? I'm going to the North. Dehli, Agra, Varanasi etc..

That is were I traveled. For my trip I was sleeping on trains most nights and would have been impossible to develop for me. If you are spending a night or two in a city it would not be a problem. I also would not of wanted to carry the extra stuff to develop and scan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbecker View Post
    That is were I traveled. For my trip I was sleeping on trains most nights and would have been impossible to develop for me. If you are spending a night or two in a city it would not be a problem. I also would not of wanted to carry the extra stuff to develop and scan.
    It's going to be a similar story with me I believe. Sounds like it could be a lot of extra stress in an already mind jarring country. XP2 isn't the way I want to go. I don't want to hand my film over to any labs either. I hate to even consider the D word. If I had an ounce of sense that'd be the way I'd go though. Might have to be the case of waiting til I come back home. Won't be able to get involved in the rolling critiques and sharing of work though which is quite gutting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    shoot the film(s) you KNOW. don't fart around.

don't pack a scanner. Just your cameras. Bring WAY more film than you think you'll need. You never know, a once in a lifetime opportunity might call and require a few more rolls you didn't expect!

I haven't been to India yet, but a friend of mine just returned from there after doing a 2mo solo backpacking trip through the country(all of it). She doesn't shoot film, but she said that even w/ a camera in general(even a "superzoom p+s"), it adds bulk, and "extra stuff to worry about". Pack what you need, and maybe one or two extras. Depending on how you plan on commuting, taking multiple bags might not be a good idea. I don't like to bad mouth countries I've never been too, but my dad had his luggage stole in Mumbai(formerly Bombay) back in the late 70's when he was there on a round-the-world trip. ONE bag is easier to keep track of than two, believe me!

take extra film, I can't stress that enough. It'll be cheaper to over shoot than a take a return trip(which isn't a bad idea anyhow ).

tell your guide to trust you. And then send them a print, or some scans via email after you've returned and developed the film YOURSELF. I don't trust any labs with my b/w film anymore, and that's here in the USA. I don't think I'd feel any more safe handing over my negatives from a trip like this to someone I've never met, let alone in a foreign country . Just my $.02....

-Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin