Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,827   Online: 887

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i don't have experience with ryuji suzuki's photo chemicals
    but i am sure they work well.

for years i used the sprint system of chemistry
    metol free developer, d76-esque but better/different, vanilla scented stop, high capacity rapid fix
    easy to mix, stores well, good stuff ...
    and if you use the whole "system" ( dev/stop/fix ) when the stop indicates ( turns color )
    it is time to mix new everything ...simple ...
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    I'm using their odorless stop bath and it's not bad. However, it not like Kodak's indicator stop bath where it changes color when it's exhausted.
    Freestyle sells other brands of "odorless" (actually "low odor" - it does have a slightly noxious odor if you smell closely, but nothing like acetic acid) stop baths with and without indicators. It's just a dye like that used in litmus paper that changes color with PH. I use Freestyle's house "Arista" brand. It's fine. Heck, 1+1 water and white vinegar works fine, but costs a lot more and doesn't have the indicator.

I like the indicator.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear ChristopherCoy,

I use the paper developer regularly. It works well and has very good tray life (not up to Dektol, but what is ;>) ). The number one reason for using it is the lack of hydroquinone. I take any developer with hydroquinone to the local household waste center when I'm done. For all I know it does nothing more than make me feel good but I like to feel good.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hey thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Freestyle sells other brands of "odorless" (actually "low odor" - it does have a slightly noxious odor if you smell closely, but nothing like acetic acid) stop baths with and without indicators. It's just a dye like that used in litmus paper that changes color with PH. I use Freestyle's house "Arista" brand. It's fine. Heck, 1+1 water and white vinegar works fine, but costs a lot more and doesn't have the indicator.

I like the indicator.
    I'll give vinegar a try. It's just acetic acid which is the acid in vinegar.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm a fan of the paper developer. Prints accept toner nicely

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Dear ChristopherCoy,

I use the paper developer regularly. It works well and has very good tray life (not up to Dektol, but what is ;>) ). The number one reason for using it is the lack of hydroquinone. I take any developer with hydroquinone to the local household waste center when I'm done. For all I know it does nothing more than make me feel good but I like to feel good.

Neal Wydra
    Every other paper developer I have ever used lasted longer than Dektol, with the possible exception of Bromophen which seemed about the same, best I remember (it's been years.) I've always hated Dektol for this very reason.

There are two elements to tray life, or life of mixed working solution. One would be how many prints you can make before it's exhausted. I've never, ever, managed to hit that limit in a single printing session with any developer and once diluted Dektol is only good for a single session. That must be the one others are talking about. What's more important to me is, "can I pour it back into a bottle when I'm done, squeeze the air out and cap it, and come back next week to find a bottle of still good working strength developer?" LPD is the champ at this and what I mostly use, but I've been using Ilford WT some with WT paper and it lasts a lot better than Dektol too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Eco Pro = Kodak Xtol
    Thomas, I really respect your opinion on Xtol. I know you are very experienced with this developer. So when you said that "Xtol=ECO-PRO" I was happy to hear that, I want to try it now. But I have a question on this, is it replenishable?
    Thanks for comments.
    Gabriel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmquinn View Post
    In the past there were sold under the Silvergrain name.
    Eco-Pro has nothing to do with Silvergrain formula. They are different products.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry for my incorrect post. I feel you must know better than I.
    I based my post on what I read on DigitalTruth
    http://www.digitaltruth.com/products/ecopro.php

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmquinn View Post
    Sorry for my incorrect post. I feel you must know better than I.
    I based my post on what I read on DigitalTruth
    http://www.digitaltruth.com/products/ecopro.php
    I read the same info that Silvergrain products were changing name to Eco-Pro. I believe what I read at Digital Truth.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin