Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,545,991   Online: 979

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516 LastLast

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach
    The methodology is poor. That's all *I'M* tyring to say.

You understand the "scientific method"??? So far from what I've seen --- you don't. You are sure fooling me ...

Let's see ... I have no valid criteria - so I'll squint at a few negatives, projected on a screen ... I'll give this one --- oh ... a "3", that one a "2" ... that one a "3" ... and then I'll average all these values, and get 2.8560340563. That's a LOT of decimal places, so it must be "accurate." Yeh, right ...

*SUBJECTIVE* That means "Not Scientific". What does it take to get through to you??
    Hmmm...subjective does not mean 'unscientific' at all. It simply means 'made by observation'. Have you ever made two prints that are all but identical? Ever hear of 'borderline cases'? Have you ever made any film or lens tests? It is difficult, nay impossible, to make absolute pronouncements. Kodak uses something called 'Print Grain Index' to describe the graininess of their color negative films, precisely because what matters is how films print, and the best criterion for how to evaluate negatives' graininess is by printing them. If you wish, please describe how YOU would conduct such a test.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hansbeckert
    Hmmm...no. I'm simply trying to say it's not all it's cracked up to be, and that its popularity has more to do with its cheapness and longevity than its image charcteristics.
    It's amazing that you seem to have your pulse on the heartbeat of the photographic world but yet you've totally ignored what most on here have said. The longevity is just a bonus to the majority on here. Developers are cheap and I don't think there's many starving students on this site, yet they love the look of Rodinal and have said so in many different ways. I think you really need to start learning from others because you are missing the boat by a mile.

In answer to your question about trying other developers in the same class the answer would be no. I've only tried Rodinal, D-76, X-tol and Accufine. But the one thing that I noticed about this site is that most are chemical freaks and have tried many developers, films and different combinations. Yet you chose to just brush their opinions aside. Why is this? Why are you trying to tell these intelligent, committed people what they are really feeling about Rodinal?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Art it is a matter of him being so insecure he has to sound the expert. He doesn't need an audience, he needs therapy. Use the ignore option it works wonders.
    Non Digital Diva

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandalay
    It's amazing that you seem to have your pulse on the heartbeat of the photographic world but yet you've totally ignored what most on here have said. The longevity is just a bonus to the majority on here. Developers are cheap and I don't think there's many starving students on this site, yet they love the look of Rodinal and have said so in many different ways. I think you really need to start learning from others because you are missing the boat by a mile.

In answer to your question about trying other developers in the same class the answer would be no. I've only tried Rodinal, D-76, X-tol and Accufine. But the one thing that I noticed about this site is that most are chemical freaks and have tried many developers, films and different combinations. Yet you chose to just brush their opinions aside. Why is this? Why are you trying to tell these intelligent, committed people what they are really feeling about Rodinal?

What I'm saying is that Rodinal is a cult developer whose status has no basis in its performance, which is demonstrably inferior to others in its class.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't used the ignore button on him because in some ways it's entertaining to see him make a mockery of himself

Images
    I haven't used the ignore button on him because in some ways it's entertaining to see him make a mockery of himself

The article is there for you to use as you see fit. Say 'Thanks, Hans'.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Please, everybody who has hit Hans with the ignore button have a look at his posting in the Standard Gallery. See the proof of his proclamations. You'll learn something.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    OT

I'm a bit of a country bumpkin so could someone define Troll for me. If I didn't like Rodinal, I would answer the original question by saying: I don't care for it. Nothing more to be said. But something seems fishy about a philosopher who hasn't been here a month and would probably offer imperical evidence of why white is not a good color to paint the outside of your house.

Back on topic

Guess it's time to dust off the Rodinal and try it again.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    OT

I'm a bit of a country bumpkin so could someone define Troll for me. If I didn't like Rodinal, I would answer the original question by saying: I don't care for it. Nothing more to be said. But something seems fishy about a philosopher who hasn't been here a month and would probably offer imperical evidence of why white is not a good color to paint the outside of your house.

Back on topic

Guess it's time to dust off the Rodinal and try it again.
    No my friend is time to use the ignore list, trurst me if anyone is deserving of it is this buffon....

Images
    Please, everybody who has hit Hans with the ignore button have a look at his posting in the Standard Gallery. See the proof of his proclamations. You'll learn something.
    What will they learn, George, I mean 'Art'. Did you always want to pretend to be an architect?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin