Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,650   Posts: 1,481,302   Online: 833

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    Joey, The important thing is your here now and I LOVE RODINAL arrrrrrrrr. We have to warn you as we do with everyone though that Rodinal is A ... A ... Addictive Right I'm off to bed it's 2am here LOL night
    Rodinal is the wonderdrug. I skipped my anti-depressives and now I inject pure Rodinal twice a day (2 x 12 ml. into the veins....ahhhhh). Happy as a troll.

Morten

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think that I am as much of a Rodinal fan as any here. I progressed through a number of developers ... *many* touted as *wonderdrug* developers ... and over time, have settled, rather narrowly, on Rodinal. There is something about the "honesty" of this stuff ... call it "clarity", if you will. Once I shook the idea of "fine grain" as some sort of panacea, Rodinal, in my mind stands head and shoulders above all else.

The point where I discovered a lot of (photographic) courage was where, after I listened to many voices screaming "You CAN'T use Rodinal with a fast film!!! It will be awful! It will be terrible! There will be widespread weeping and wailing in the streets!!", I decided to try it anyway, With Tri-X, Tmax, Fuji Neopan, AgfaPan 400 - and in every case... I *LIKED* the results.

The net result was that I became far less susceptible to the "everyone knows" information out there. Everyone DOES NOT know ... a philosophy I've carried ever since.

I like the idea of a "Rodinal" T-shirt. To me, that would be an ikon representing "courage to explore, and freedom of thought". Maybe, I'll see about combining an image of a bottle of Rodinal with a pair of wings...
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    It is quite funny that almost everybody who appreciates Rodinal as film developer appreciates Whisk(e)y as a photographer developer

Morten!
    A good bottle of Rodinal is about the price of a drinkable blended whisky, so for 10€ you can either for 20€ you can get both! And at 50 € it is a good bottle of single malt or a bottle of Rodinal plus 30 m good film!
    See it is all logic, it is a law of economy!

I like the idea of the Rodinal T-Shirt, too bad my stocks of Agfa chemicals only go back to the 70ies, so no glass bottle of Rodinal.

How about Einstein with a bottle of Rodinal, everything is relativ - even the distribution of grain size!

Or John F. Kennedy with the words: Ich bin ein Rodinaler! So maybe it was Kodak Eastman who shoot him....

Latest breaking news on Rodinal-Latest breaking news on Rodinal-Latest

Rodinal even works with Digital cameras, develop your digicam in straight Rodinal for best results
    Colour? We can always use an airbrush later...

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well... guys... I am way ahead of you. ;-)

Just kidding, but really, a friend and I recently decided to make such a thing, Franz already got some original Agfa-Shirts from the Vaihingen/Enz plant - where Rodinal is made.

The background is - we know a fellow Rodinalist in the Philipines, but there is no real stuff available and he lusted for it since he tried Orwo R09 and read the Orwo manuals. So we sent him a bottle - via Indonesia, which was considerably cheaper than sending it from Germany.

So, both of us are eligible to bear the title "Agfa Entwicklungshelfer" - "Agfa developing aid". And this is what will be printed on our shirts. 8-)

Never forget what Dr. Momme Andreesen did for us 120 years ago... <g>

Gruesse von der Mosel!
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My bottle is due to arrive from Calumet tomorrow.

I can't wait to give it a try.

Jim
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I use it, but I can't pronounce it.I can think of several ways of uttering the magic incantation, but which is correct? "Rodd-inn-al" "Road-een-al" "Rodd-een-al" "Road-inn-al" or any others? I can even vary the stressed syllable. Any offers?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen
    I use it, but I can't pronounce it.I can think of several ways of uttering the magic incantation, but which is correct? "Rodd-inn-al" "Road-een-al" "Rodd-een-al" "Road-inn-al" or any others? I can even vary the stressed syllable. Any offers?
    Haha, I like it. I can tell you that I pronounce it as "Road-in-nall" -Grant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I checked with Agfa a little while back and they don't do any Rodinal T-shirts etc. Mmmmmmm maybe we should do what they don't and get our own appreciation ones out there

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    In german it´s Rho (like in Rose) -Dih (like in "the") -Nahl (with a short "l".

TP, no, they don´t have Rodinal-shorts, but they have some with the Agfa-scripture on the left chest side and were sold to the employee at 3Euro per shirt.

Ok, if we do our own, let´s make a sample and put that in a file so that everyone can print it out on these iron-on films to transfer them on a plain standard shirt... saving the hassle to ship them throughout the world.

Somewhere I have the scan of a Rodinal ad, going back to 1900.
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rjr
    ......Ok, if we do our own, let´s make a sample and put that in a file so that everyone can print it out on these iron-on films to transfer them on a plain standard shirt... saving the hassle to ship them throughout the world.

Somewhere I have the scan of a Rodinal ad, going back to 1900.
    Yep I'm all that and have me trasfer paper at the ready (oooops errrrm it's for my son's use honest). Maybe if everyone with a example of the old ads posts we could see which we all like
    Last edited by TPPhotog; 10-24-2004 at 03:30 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin