Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,691   Posts: 1,482,383   Online: 728

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    See attachment...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rodinal-T.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Uh oh. I just realized that the first image I submitted to APUG is a PS composite!

Greg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oooh!!! I think you are going to make some people very jealous that you have that shirt. Very cool. -Grant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Greg I like it .... got a large scan of that ad? hint hint

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    LOL. May you drown in Xtol.. ;-)

<just kidding>

Yeah, that´s the one I have somewhere around. But the file is too small to be printed that large, it might be enough for a small patch on the chest or on the shoulder.

On the other hand - remember that scan Sean uploaded here, the label from the Agfa paper box? Spline did a very good job at interpolating and scaling it - it´s good with graphical text.
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Reverting back to the actual developer, I just dug out a copy of "Silverprint" magazine, issue 1, spring 1991 (Issue 2 was called "Ag") which contains an article by Martin Reed entitles "A Hundred years of Rodinal". Of particular interest was a set of 50x (approx) enlargements of Agfapan 100 developed in 1 Rodinal, 2 Ultrafin, 3 Rodinal added to a hydroquinone developer, 4 Rodinal plus sulphite and finally 5 T-Max.

1 showed the most grain, but also the most fine detail.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorry, I just found the old scan on the internet. This is as big as it gets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails agfabottle.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It prints well up to 8"x10" (appropriate) and has that real 1900's look about it

Images
    It's 'Rodinal', not 'Rodinol'.

Rodinal is not a particularly good developer for small films, but it is satisfactory for sheet film. Its main virtues are long life and clean working.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hansbeckert
    It's 'Rodinal', not 'Rodinol'.

Rodinal is not a particularly good developer for small films, but it is satisfactory for sheet film. Its main virtues are long life and clean working.
    Personally, I disagree with that statement. APX100 in Rodinal (any dilution) is awesome. I even like the look of HP5+ in Rodinal. I just tried JandC 100 (120 size) in Rodinal (both 1:25 and 1:50) and it looks great too. -Grant

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin