Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,662   Online: 630

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hansbeckert
    The point is that Rodinal's reputation is not warranted by its performance. Many other developers outperform Rodinal in the very areas for which it is praised. Rodinal is actually a rather primitive product.
    Hans at the start of this thread I posted a link to another thread about Rodinal, we agreed there that it's not the "magic bullet" that people make out, but there again no soup is

Morten mmmmmm ice cold MILK and cookies, being married I've forgotten what sex is

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    Morten mmmmmm ice cold MILK, being married I've forgotten what sex is
    I am married, too....Nice Sex and lots of Rodinal....and latex gothic girls...and milk...and cookies....ahhhhh....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    So is sex, milk and cookies but I still enjoy all of it!
    The point is that several developers surpass Rodinal in the traits for which Rodinal is singled out.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The point is that several developers surpass Rodinal in the traits for which Rodinal is singled out.
    Ok. I order at bottle of Acutol to try it out and see if it gives my negs a good look.

Images
    Ok. I order at bottle of Acutol to try it out and see if it gives my negs a good look.
    What film do you prefer? Acutol works best with conventional-grain films. FX-39 is best w/Delta films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    LOL again the end result / look of the picture is what is important to the photographer. No soup is special it's all down to personal taste. A Harley Davidson is a wonderful motorcycle on long straight roads but around here where I live it would be a paperweight. It's all down to what the person using the Harley or developer / film combination likes which is subjective.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What film do you prefer? Acutol works best with conventional-grain films. FX-39 is best w/Delta films.
    I shot alot of Tri-X and Delta 100, so I guess I have to try a bottle of each.

Images
    I shot alot of Tri-X and Delta 100, so I guess I have to try a bottle of each.

If you like Tri-X, try Neopan 400. I develop that in Acutol 1+14 for 8 minutes. You could start with Tri-X at the same time and dilution. Ignore the bottle label developing recommendations. I use a condenser enlarger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This thread is starting to sound like a lot of threads that made me leave the Ilford site.
    Opinions expressed are fine but lets drop the "I know everything and this is best for everyone" attitude. It is most un-becoming of APUGers everywhere.
    One person's garbage is another's treasure.
    Now behave yourselves gentlemen, and lets play nicely.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So is sex, milk and cookies but I still enjoy all of it!
    (Though in all of those particular cases, grain is probably undesireable)

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin