Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,630   Online: 673

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    I have had a half exposed roll of Ilford XP2 in a camera for 2 years now. I'll find out what it's like in a couple of weeks time!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    I got old agfa isolettle in one store in Munich - and film was inside: I develop it in Rodinal 1+100 for one hour - semistand, and results are there. I guess film was in camera for 30 years or something like that - you can judge by clothes
    No, actually. That's simply how they still dress in Munich.

All joking aside, that's really pretty cool. Wasn't there some guy who has a whole website devoted to developing rolls from old cameras?
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post

All joking aside, that's really pretty cool. Wasn't there some guy who has a whole website devoted to developing rolls from old cameras?
    here is one such site;
    http://westfordcomp.com/updated/found.htm

A few years ago I managed to develope a few sheets of 2X3 film from someone's wedding that I estimated to be from late 50's or early 60's
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Exposed Film left in camera.

Quote Originally Posted by msbarnes View Post
    How long can film sit in a camera? I guess this is similar to asking how long should exposed film go undeveloped? More specifically, I'm talking about Tri-X for 35mm and 120 films. Obviously the sooner the better, but I'm wondering if I can safely stretch a roll for a few weeks if I had wanted to. This is assuming that I'm storing my camera in a cool/dark place.
    As long as you wish - it`s your film, depends on when you want to use the camera again.

Shooter
    35mm
    A couple of months I suppose for me. I've left exposed film for much longer before processing - just over one year in fact when I was living abroad and had no darkroom access. I just put all the rolls in a drawer and then had a huge developing and printing session when I got home. I think I must have had 50 rolls by then, I spent weeks in the dark, it was quite good fun as it brought back memories.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recently processed a film that had been sitting in a camera for about 6 years. The negs were alright. Haven't printed anything yet though.

film was AGFA APX 100 and I developed it in Ilfotec DDX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As I just got into developing, I found some 125PX that I took pictures with about 4 years ago in an old Agfa Box Camera. The camera says it takes B2 film but 120 worked well as long as I used the old wooden take up reel, as the new crossed on both sides reels slide down and get hung up.

Anyway, the 6X9 negatives came out as I expected after 4 years. D-76 1:1 at 7 3/4 minutes. I say expected because it's a meniscus lens. They actually came out fine.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just thought I'll share my personal experience.

I believe the quality of film matters. I recently wrote in this forum about some problems that I had with Shanghai GP3. It subsequently turned out that the problem was caused by poor storage of the film. You can see the thread below.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/9...-disaster.html

I bought a fresh stock of Shanghai GP3 and kept it in my camera for about a week. Camera was kept in my car. I live in thr tropics so it can get pretty hot. Anyway, here's two shots from the same roll:

This one turned out ok

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunkm/6192055214/

Whereas in this picture, you can see the number imprinted:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunkm/6...n/photostream/

Both pics were taken within an hour apart.

All I can conclude is that Shanghai 120 films do not store well in hot, humid weathers, whether they've been partially shot, or sealed. From what I've read on the internet, and from comments from other Shanghai GP3 users, this is a common problem with the film.

I do not have the same problem with 35mm film though, they frequently sit in my cameras for weeks.

Shooter
    35mm
    My 2 cents:
    a friend of mine got some Sensia 200 slide film. The first film was shot between spring and christmas 2010 and expired 10-2010. Then he stored the film until he got it developed at 06-2011.
    Another roll (same expiry date) was shot in the winter of 2010-2011 and developed at the same time as the first film.
    The first roll showed slightly more grain and a blueish color cast. The second one was pretty much perfect. They came from the same box of film.
    The film was stored at room temperature (18-25 deg C)

When using slide film, i think it's best to develop within half a year after shooting and of course as soon as possible after the best before date.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Found film is fun. I've had great luck with old B&W film, usually Verichrome Pan or Verichrome. Color is rarely as lucky. I lucked out recently however with a roll of Woolworth's branded Ultra-Color 110 in an Argus Pocket Carefree. I bought a lot of stuff, thinking it was two 126 Instamatic cameras and some 126 B&W film but one 126 camera was broken and the other one was a 110 camera, the Argus. It had a finished roll of film in it. I developed it on a lark last month and the images were quite faded so I didn't bother scanning it until today. Astonishingly it contains an image of hanna barbera land which was only open 1984-1985 so this dates the film quite precisely though I'm not sure if some shots are older than those. The film is from Canada but the park was in Texas so must have been a vacation.

Pretty good for 25 year latent color images! Processed in JOBO Press Kit chems at 36C for 6:00, blix for 8:00:

hanna barbera land 1984-1985 edit by Harry Pulley, on Flickr

Smurfs! edit by Harry Pulley, on Flickr

Girls and '80s cars edit by Harry Pulley, on Flickr

Siblings? Friends? edit by Harry Pulley, on Flickr

Girls 3 edit by Harry Pulley, on Flickr
    Last edited by hpulley; 10-03-2011 at 10:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin