Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,809   Posts: 1,581,524   Online: 975

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Comp. Simulations and Making the Same with Chemistry

I learned that Ralph Gibson was using Grade 5 and 6 Brovira at his prints. That paper lost. I quickly thinked may be there was a computer simulation for that paper and this question carried me to the next question.

Is it possible to do what computer do with chemistry ? May be I can buy an Ilford paper , mix the simulating developer and woala I got Brovira ! Or may be color filters or whatever I dont know ?

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    I learned that Ralph Gibson was using Grade 5 and 6 Brovira at his prints.
    I suspect that Gibson was doing what many photographers were doing at the time. This was to use pre-flashing to reduce the paper contrast. I think this was covered in Looten's book. This enabled the printer to stock only one grade of paper rather than several. It didn't mean that he was printing everything at grade 5 level.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin