Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,601   Online: 965

Shooter
    Multi Format

Make FP4, RPS and Plus-x similar

I have done testing of Ilford FP4+, Rollei Superpan 200 and Kodak Plus-x.

Reason: Kodak 120 Plus-x i discontinued, i like the film and will try to create dev-routines for other films to fill the gap. The test i did today showed that:

RPS @64 Iso in Hc110 Dil B for 5.30 seconds in handinverting tank was close.
    Ilford @64 Iso in HC110 Dil B for 6 minutes in Handinverting tank was close
    Plus-x was in same dillution @64 ISO for 5 minutes.

Then all of the film had density above basfog in Zone 0 and Zone V greycard and Colorchecker printed similar results on Foma 311 grade 2 filter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not surprising (regarding Plus-x and FP4, don't know what RPS is). FP4+ is a truly excellent film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Indeed, FP4+ is wonderful stuff. Seems to be most of what I use in MF these days, with fall and winter coming I expect HP5+ and Delta 3200 will be used more again.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use FP-4 in my large format, and you test results are helpful. Thanks for the post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin